Steven’s Faked Unconsciousness


 Yikes, I might have to remove this, but I can’t help wanting to write about this story because it is classic.  My parents at the time owned and lived in a home that was added onto and attached to the back of an old mill building.  I was expecting and was at the end of my third trimester with my first child.  We were actually all living there at the time in different parts of the house and mill.  We were all having dinner together one night, and my brother disappeared into the mill.  Shortly after this, I went out into the mill to retrieve something (probably milk) from the spare refrigerator.  I don’t know how my brother timed it, but as I was stepping onto the stairs to enter the mill, he yelled and smashed something loudly against a large metal cabinet that was at the landing of the other stairs coming down from the second floor.  I ran down the stairs from the kitchen to see what had happened, and Steven was for all appearances lying unconscious with his head against the metal cabinet and his legs still partially on the stairs.

 I ran back into the kitchen to let my family members know that Steven had fallen down the stairs and was unconscious.  

My sister-in-law, at that time, raced out into the mill.  Everyone else (well almost) jumped up from the table rushed out to the mill also.  My brother then revealed that it was a completely faked stunt.  I think the only one of us that never fell for it was my father.  

Good one Steven. 😲 That was quite the prank on the family!! 😂

The shock of it did nothing to induce my labor, though, and I still ended up giving birth 7 days late. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Science Fiction

Nutrition & Diet