I Didn’t Mean To Call A Lady Stupid 😲


I had just picked up a new pair of glasses, but then I wanted to see the display model of the frames that I had chosen because I thought that they were more colorful than the ones that I had received.  While I was looking, a lady next to me who was trying on glasses mentioned to me that she had misplaced her own glasses.  I looked at the ones she was wearing and I think I even said to her, “They’re not the ones you are wearing?”  She told me that she had put her own glasses down on the counter while she was trying on the display frames, and now she couldn’t find her own glasses.  I looked down at the counter, and the floor, and sure enough there were no glasses there.  I mentioned that she must have accidentally hung her own glasses up with the display frames.  She kind of rolled her eyes at herself.  (I had actually recently seen a video on Instagram that was taken by a daughter when her mother was at a vision center and made this mistake and then couldn’t find her glasses.). So I started to look at the display of frames with the lady.  I realized that there was no way that I was going to recognize her glasses and that it could be very difficult for her also if she couldn’t see well without them.  I mentioned to her that lady who was working there would probably be able to recognize a pair that was wasn’t supposed to be there.  Just then this lady started walking over to where we were.  I mentioned the predicament of the lady next to me and told the lady working there that the other lady could use some help.  I then walked away a bit to talk to another employee.  Before long, the lady who couldn’t find her glasses looked over to me and told me that she had found them.  She laughed and said that they were the ones that had been on her face the whole time.  She then said in a humorous way, “Is my age showing much?”  I smiled and then tried to empathize with her by saying, “I do stupid things all the time.”  This is actually true but then it hit me that my comment was implying that I thought that what she had done was stupid which really wasn’t what I thought or meant at all. 😲 I honestly didn’t think that the lady was stupid at all.  I only meant to say that I frequently do things that are silly or stupid. 🤦‍♀️ I can only hope that she didn’t take it in a bad way. 🥺

The good thing, at least, is that they let me have me have the display model frames and put my lenses into them because the display pair was definitely more colorful than what I had received.  That was the second time that this happened to me with frames that I had chosen and the second time that I was offered the display pair. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Science Fiction

Nutrition & Diet