Thankful To Have Not Fallen



 I was out earlier today to finish up a couple things before Christmas.  I stopped at a McDonalds to grab a bite to eat.  We were having a bit of light rain and on my way back out the door, I slipped and came very close to falling but then somehow didn’t.  This would have entailed me crashing to the ground along with my bag of food, large iced coffee and two open paper cups of ketchup that I was carrying.  Thank you Lady Luck for keeping me from this mishap.  This was after I had already had to explain to the employees that I was at the wrong McDonalds to pick up a mobile order that had been charged to me from another location.  I had created my order ahead of time because my phone’s internet data will never work in the parking lot of the McDonald’s that I was going to.  What I didn’t know was that when I created my order, the McDonalds app had selected a different location from where I was headed and I evidently confirmed it as being the right location. (Both McDonalds were on the same street.)  I was able to reorder my meal at the right McDonalds and get refunded for my order that wouldn’t be filled at the other location.  I did feel a little stupid though for my blunder of arriving to pick up my order at the wrong McDonalds.  I thank my lucky stars that I didn’t also end up injured just outside the door and covered in coffee and ketchup.  Then I would truly have felt like a total dip shit. 😲 Okay, maybe I might have been lucky enough to not have been really hurt and then I would just have collected my idiot self and made a hasty retreat to my car. 😬 😅 I was truly grateful to have found myself still standing after a slip that I really felt was sending me on a one way only trip to the sidewalk. 😂

I want nothing to do with being out anywhere tomorrow. 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Science Fiction

Nutrition & Diet