Opting Out


 I chose to opt out of any of Facebook’s social requirements.  I think it is a wise choice. 🙌 This is a thought I find in my head tonight.  #notofacebook

  I’m really glad I have nothing to do with Facebook.  Sometimes I am teased though, and told that I can’t look at things that friends or family members have posted because I no longer have a Facebook account.  I guess a person can’t just get to see the good parts without paying the Facebook fee.  I think people pay a fee all right in the amount of time that they have to commit in their duty to their Facebook friends and their postings.  It’s great to care about family and friends, but too much of it can eat up too much of the personal time of people whose lives are already busy enough.  And that’s not even getting into all of Facebook’s input to grab and hold the attention of its account holders.  When it comes to that, I think it would be a hell of a lot easier for people if they just paid a small monthly fee and that was eliminated.  I doubt Facebook would want that though.  I’ll bet that capturing peoples time and attention is far more lucrative.  I would bet you anything that the amount of financial gain that Facebook has achieved from the online presence of its account holders means that they should really be paying their account holders.  Maintaining their completely free to users, social media site is a hell of a deal for Facebook or, forgive me, Meta.  Oh yeah, they own Instagram also don’t they?  At least Instagram isn’t nearly as bad.  It doesn’t do as much to capture and commandeer the attention and time of its account holders. At least this is my experience with Instagram, although there are times when I watch a few too many videos.

Sometimes I get into my thinking mode where I am thinking my own thoughts, but I also have a feeling of being guided.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Science Fiction

Nutrition & Diet