An Unexpected Miracle


 I have lived with chronic headaches for most of my adult life.  Over the years, they have only become more persistent and frequent.  I have monthly migraine injections that really help as far as making my headaches more easily treated and controlled.  It is still normal for me though, to get some level of headache on most days and for days without any headache to be much less common.  This means that I need to take naproxen sodium on most days and migraine medication on days when this is not enough.  Well, something unbelievable has happened.  When I had my last angina episodes and ended up being admitted to the hospital, I got terrible headaches from nitroglycerin (I had to have it twice) and from one new heart medication (given to me one two days) that I couldn’t tolerate.  Once I finally got through these headaches though, something unbelievable happened.  It has been over a week and a half now, and I have not had a single headache since.  Every day I wake up without a headache and then get no headaches when I previously was starting most days by waking up with a headache.  I have no doubt that this has happened due to the addition of my newest prescribed heart medications.  I told my doctor that I don’t want to stop taking a thing because something is really working to treat my headaches.  After all these years of trying everything possible and never succeeding in successfully preventing my headaches, I have finally accidentally and unexpectedly found something that treats the cause of my headaches and not just the symptoms.  Who knew that all these years, what I needed most was not neurologists and medications specifically designed for headaches, but instead what I really needed was a cardiologist and medications that treat heart issues.  This is my accidental and unexpected miracle.  I pray that it will last, but I really do believe that it will.  The only question is whether or not it would still work if I didn’t take my monthly migraine injections.  I don’t think I will try going without the injections just yet. 🌈

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Science Fiction

Nutrition & Diet