Uncle Remus


 I’m a sucker for childhood nostalgia and things of the past.

Tonight Uncle Remus (of the stories by Joel Chandler Harris) wants to be an important thought in my mind.  Okay Uncle Remus, I am rethinking my childhood inability to have a liking or interest in your story book and stories.  Now the tale has flipped and I have the feeling that not appreciating your character and stories was my loss.  Yes, I am possessed tonight of an interest and desire to look for a copy of the book that didn’t capture my interest as a child.  I have now moved beyond this childhood shortcoming.  Oh and I like your zipiddy doo dah song.  Thanks for striking my fancy tonight.  I’m sorry, I believe that as a child I didn’t like the thought of a rabbit being thrown into a briar path.  I’m mature enough now to not let a childhood negative impression dictate my feeling toward you and the stories in your  book.  My gut tells me that I do care about the Joel Chandler Uncle Remus stories and the Disney story book version that I had as a child, and their places in history.  I want another chance to read and appreciate the stories. 

A used book ain’t cheap πŸ™ but that is actually good πŸ™‚.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poor Santa’s Ass

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Halloween Town