Existential Crisis





 Existential crisis.  I am the kind of person who seeks to understand things that are an enigma to me.  When I hear (or have heard) of a concept such as existential crisis, I am not satisfied with not really understanding what it means.  I suppose that it can mean different things to different people and encompass different kinds of experiences.  Maybe this is where I am at in my understanding of reality.  I find myself at odds within my own mind.  I feel at times that I have an understanding of things that is beyond my normal sense of perception and that actually exceeds my own intelligence.  What does a person do about having two different levels to who we are, each with a different take and understanding of things.   What does a person do when we realize that we don’t understand ourselves or our true nature at all?  What parts of our own mind and consciousness are we to believe?


Holy crap.  I just requested to have an image of an existential crisis generated and this is what I received.  The figure 8 or infinity symbol that my mind has become obsessed with that I often unconsciously trace with my thumb.  Wow.  Mind blown.  This is actually very comforting.  It feels like validation that I am not a lunatic.  Or if I am, I should just proudly own it and not concern myself with the opinion of others.  I wasn’t created to not be who I am. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Two Worlds

Poor Santa’s Ass