Astronauts



 When I am in a more sensitive and empathetic state of mind, I think of the astronauts Butch Wilmore and Suni Williams.  I guess I am not giving them enough credit for the astronaut spirit in them and their ability to just be strong and do what they need to do.  I feel worried about them and their state of mind.  And about Suni.  What if she is sick?  I saw something in the news about her possibly having some eye or sight difficulties, but then I never heard anything else.  This has me thinking, although I know nothing about Suni herself.  I suppose there is added risk in being an astronaut, even with those in very good physical condition, when they have reached an age where running into health difficulties would be a lot more likely and a greater risk.  They can’t exactly get their butt to a doctor.  No one could call them stupid. 

What is my deal with astronauts?

I just remembered that Brady Bunch episode where the family goes to the Grand Canyon.  Bobby and Cindy run off by themselves and get lost after bringing some food to a little runaway Indian (as they were called at that time) boy.  If I remember correctly, the boy had run off because his grandfather didn’t understand him and how he wished to grow up and become an astronaut.  Such childhood innocence.  I’ll bet that smart little Indian boy would have ditched that idea eventually. 

OMG I am aware that my train of thought would sound totally offensive to the astronauts, Butch and Suni.  I was only expressing my own thoughts and opinions based on my own fear of the idea of being an astronaut.  I honestly meant no criticism of anyone else’s experiences or point of view.  I do emphasize with them and the only real and important thought that I need to have in regard to them is that my prayers are with them to successfully and safely make their return home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poor Santa’s Ass

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Halloween Town