Slides and Grandparents

 In a state of feeling sleepy while still keeping myself awake, this memory came to mind.  When I was young, I encouraged my grandfather to try sliding down a large metal slide while lying on his side because I had done this and I wanted him to partake in this fun also.  Well he was a good sport and loved to play with his grandchildren so he gave it try.  Unfortunately for him the landing didn’t go so well and he ended up landing on and really hurting his shoulder. 😲 If I ever have any grandchildren, great grandchildren and etc., this should be a good story and cautionary tale for them.  Don’t try this with your grandfather.  

And then there was time that I convinced my grandmother to go down a slide into a swimming pool at a campground.  She didn’t really want to do it because she didn’t really swim and didn’t want to get her hair wet.  The water at the end of slide was not very deep though and you could just slide off the end and land on your feet and be standing up.  This is how it was working for me.  I think I even demonstrated this for my grandmother and convinced her that she too could just slide down the slide and land on her feet and not get her hair wet.  She finally agreed to go down the slide.  Unfortunately for her, the landing didn’t go so well.  She slide off the end of the slide and didn’t stand up and went straight underwater. 😲 Don’t try this with your grandmother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poor Santa’s Ass

North Pole Smoking Controversy

Halloween Town